Menu
Diane6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just had upgraded box installed and now asking me to subscribe to catch up channels?

Long time customer just had box changed due to glitches and freezing and since then i cannot get catch up and on demand tv programmes and i could before. I have been on the phone literally for hours waiting to speak to someone, been cut off, promised a callback and still not resolved. They have tried sending something to my box and said give it 24 to 48 hours but still not fixed. I am so frustrated. I can get Netflix and bbc but not channel 5 or itv, and not tried the others yet.

it asks me to subscribe, to upgrade? What are they on about? I had the catch up before the new box. So fed up and cheesed off, seriously thinking of leaving this company.

they ask me to do technical stuff but i just do not understand all that stuff. Please can anyone help, i have seen similar posts but i do not get an error or blank screen, just a menu screen asking me to subscribe.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just had upgraded box installed and now asking me to subscribe to catch up channels?

What is the new box you've had installed? I could guess at the answer, but let's check first... https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

Can you post a picture of the error message you're getting? There should be an error code with it - and that will give a good clue as to what's causing this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Diane6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just had upgraded box installed and now asking me to subscribe to catch up channels?

Hi it is the virgin v6 box. I have read stuff on here about tv compatibility. I have an old tv my son in law says it’s 720. I do not get error codes. I go to watch catch up and when I select the channel and day and programme it says I need to subscribe. If I then press on this it goes to a different screen when it says upgrade my tv. When the engineer came yesterday he said to throw my old cables away as he had a brand new faster one but I think it’s no good for my tv

0 Kudos
Diane6
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is the screen I get when I try to watch catch up or on demand, the second screen is what I get when I click on subscribeDFE1B4FD-59DE-4A06-8379-22EDA34DB341.jpeg5462F7F3-ECB8-46BD-986D-CDB420598E13.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your second screenshot looks possibly like the "Virgin Media Store" which is one of the PPV options... but anyhow. The (Shannon Matthews on C5?) other pic is telling.

Ok, I'd suggest trying a few things in no particular order, but trying VOD (OnDemand) in between each.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Check for timestamps rather than error codes on the left? If so... "Connect to Virgin Media now" at the bottom and wait perhaps 15minutes for the forced connection to complete.

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (along the top) > I'm missing some channels. Wait perhaps 30minutes

Restart using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Diane6
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Done what you suggested and date says latest date but forced it to connect anyway, everything came up with ticks. Didnt work

Did second thing, waited for it to reset and still doesnt work says subscribe

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This might be an account-specific issue, I'd call in if I were you.

I'm out of "obvious" suggestions 😞

Diane6
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's ok thankyou for trying to help me. I eventually persuaded them to get an engineer to call me and he had no clue and everything he suggested did not work. He said he would liaise with other colleagues and call me back so I will keep you all posted and hopefully this will then help others

0 Kudos
Diane6
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer didnt ring back but got a text saying technician booked so I'll keep u posted

0 Kudos
Diane6
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update....technician came he was rushing and couldn't wait to go. But before he arrived I was messing with the TV and somehow I got catch up working. Whether this was a co incidence or whether I actually unlocked something I don't know. But this is what I did.....go to home. Go to apps and games then all apps and I chose itv hub, to my shock it worked. Since then I can now go through any catch up or search options and it's working.

it could be that it just took a week to register but I've been having to reset my box a number of times so it's not like its had 7 days to sort itself out.

i hope this helps.

0 Kudos