Menu
dangerousbrian0
Joining in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just an Idea for all the people who have been continously charged for Netflix with closed accounts

If you have been getting continously charged for netflix Via Virgin even though you have canceled your subscription have you tried taking it to BBC Watchdog & giving your story & their reactions as they may be able to help. Just a thought as it is funny that if it as a bigger problem as it seems to be you would have thought someone would have taken it there. Yet I have not heard anything mind you I havent watched watchdog in a while.

0 Kudos
dangerousbrian0
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have just spoken to Netflix

I have just spoken to Netflix & the person on the phone said even though I have canceled my Netflix account & deleted it Virgin Media should not bill my mum the £5.99 monthly subscription fee. So I just have to play the waiting game.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just an Idea for all the people who have been continously charged for Netflix with closed accounts

Hi dangerousbrian0,

I was pleased to see that in one of your numerous threads that you've managed to speak to Netflix and that they have closed the account before your mum finds out that you'd opened it without her consent.   I-have-just-spoken-to-Netflix 

You should be speaking to your mum as I see you say you've set it up again on Sunday  Can-someone-answer-this-for-me 

You should be following Forum rules and not creating new threads for your Netflix problems, but keeping  to the same one.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
dangerousbrian0
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just an Idea for all the people who have been continously charged for Netflix with closed accounts

No I havent set it up again that was when I first opened it I closed it the same day immediatly through online chat with Netflix. I spoke to Netflix about I wasnt sure if Virgin would still bill my mum even though I canceled my subscription & closed my account as people have said that they have still been getting billed for a Netflix account that they canceled.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi again dangerousbrian0,

This page explains the Netflix billing through Virgin Media 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
dangerousbrian0
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I dont understand so what will I get billed from Virgin or not even though when I spoke to Netflix today they said Virgin will not bill my mum after canceling it & deleting it.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just an Idea for all the people who have been continously charged for Netflix with closed acc...

I can have a look into this for you if you like dangerousbrian0?

Regards

Lee_R

dangerousbrian0
Joining in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

What I am confused about is when I reactivated my Netflix account I dont if it linked the Virgin bill to my account with imediate effect but it would take a few days to show up on my Netflix account & when I imediatly canceled my sub & close & delete my account did I stop Virgin from billing my mum in the next bill or the bill after & stop them if it is true of rebilling canceled accounts. 

0 Kudos
dangerousbrian0
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just an Idea for all the people who have been continously charged for Netflix with closed acc...

I dont know if you can because I am not the Virgin account holder my mum is & I dont know the account details

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I understand dangerousbrian0

If you have a conversation with the account holder and you do obtain information, please do reach out help.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos