Menu
ITlew
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Jumping images on our TiVo V6 boxes

We have two TiVo V6 boxes and we have noticed increasingly when watching TV the image can jump - our solution to date has been to switch them off and on but that means a delay of 5-10 minutes whilst they reboot!

We wonder since both boxes are showing these symptoms if our cable connection has some problem.  Or maybe the boxes need changing.

Online diagnosis using Virgin website does not identify any problem.

I have also hung on the phone for 1 hour with no response and just crazy music playing!

Thanks for your help.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jumping images on our TiVo V6 boxes

Is this happening on... Live TV? Recorded programmes? Paused/re-wound live TV? OnDemand?

Depending where it's happening, it could have different causes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ITlew
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is on live TV mainly and interestingly on both of our TiVo V6 boxes - we use one much more than the other but we have seen the same problem on both.  We did wonder if it was our Android TVs but we have isolated the problem to the TiVO V6 boxes where when we turn them off/on the problem goes away for a day or so.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If only live TV is affected, I would suspect a signal issue - normally this manifests itself as pixellation, but freezing & jumping pictures is also possible.

If this theory is correct, OnDemand should be unaffected - can you try watching something from OD and seeing if that has the same problem. Makes no odds what it is, OD comes over your internet connection rather than TV signals - that's the bit that matters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos