cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juddery / pixellated HD recordings

timplum
On our wavelength

Hi 

Watching live TV is fine and up until recently I have been able to satisfactorily record and watch all programmes. However, recent recordings in HD do not replay correctly, with a lot of pixellation and jumpy sound, rendering the recording unwatchable.

This only currently happens on programmes I record from an HD channel, non HD recordings seem fine (to date anyway). I have also tried pausing live TV and obtain the same result if I subsequently resume viewing, again on HD only.

From other reports it sounds like a hard disk problem.

My box is a Tivo 6 and I did try the 150 fault reporting, but it did seem rather restrictive as it only had an option for TV rather than the Tivo box itself. Again the link provided by text did not seem helpful.

Advice please?

Best regards

Tim Plumridge

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@timplum wrote:

This only currently happens on programmes I record from an HD channel, non HD recordings seem fine (to date anyway). I have also tried pausing live TV and obtain the same result if I subsequently resume viewing, again on HD only.

From other reports it sounds like a hard disk problem.

I would concur that your box has a hard drive fault, but would say "HD only" is only coincidental at this stage

You have 2 ways to arrange the necessary box replacement/tech visit:

1: You can wait on here for VM staff to respond, this may take a couple of days

2: Call in as you already have done - don't worry about not having too specific an option on the IVR - "I have a fault with my TV service" is perfectly adequate. What matters is speaking to a faults agent who can progress this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

timplum
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to have to come back here, but I called 150 but I got the impression the agent I spoke to didn't appreciate that the problem was with my Tivo box and NOT the TV despite my explanation as above. Anyway, she said that there was a known problem with TV service that would be fixed by 4th January and that after that my pixellation problem should be OK! (How that would be the case I don't know as the programmes are already recorded on my Tivo box and there is currently no problem with my live TV?)

I shall therefore have to wait until 4th January before trying again, unless as you say a VM member of staff here does respond!

Best regards

Tim Plumridge

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @timplum,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the pixilation issue.

Is the box currently offline? I am currently not able to run tests on it.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

timplum
On our wavelength

It's running now (13:15).

Thank you for that information timplum.

How is your service today?

^Martin

timplum
On our wavelength

Hi Martin

I don't want to tempt fate, but recent recordings (including pausing live TV) seem to be working OK. I'll just have to ditch those faulty recordings I made earlier.

Thanks for your help and hoping the problem doesn't recur and that it's not a box issue after all.

Tim

Hi Tim, 

Thank you for responding to update the thread. Glad we were able to help! Please let us know if you have any further issues and we will be happy to help. 

All the best. 

Molly