cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judder when watching live tv

elstoc
Joining in

My v6 box frequently has a mild juddering image. It happens pretty much all the time but most noticeable when watching sports, especially snooker, where the balls frequently seem to slightly speed up and slow down (judder even) when in motion. Seems to be fine when watching via iPlayer.

Any ideas how I could diagnose/fix? Could it be a signal strength issue?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Signal issues would usually cause picture breakup & sound dropouts.

Does this happen when using OnDemand? You mention iPlayer, but that's a streaming app. C4, C5 & Sky programmes don't use apps.

Can you post a video of this problem?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Does this happen when using OnDemand? You mention iPlayer, but that's a streaming app. C4, C5 & Sky programmes don't use apps.

I'm not sure I've ever used anything other than iPlayer so I'll have to check it out. 

Can you post a video of this problem?

Maybe. I'll have to work out how.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi elstoc, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the picture on your TV service. 

Can you please check that all the connections leading to and from the equipment are secure and without damage? This would include checking the cable is not kinked at all.

Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks I have checked my cables and all seems pretty secure. Since posting I've managed to improve the situation a little by disabling (1080p to 4K) upscaling within the V+ box and tweaking some of the judder reduction settings on my TV.

The snooker at least seems smoother now but it is odd that I don't have these issues through any other source (e.g. blu ray) or iplayer.

Hey @elstoc,

Glad to hear you have managed to improve your issue, if you do keep us apprised of any changes or issues and we will gladly continue to investigate this for you.

Thanks. Joe