cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itvx

ibbotson
Dialled in

Getting lot of problems playing programs on Itvx via V6 box. I can log onto a program go through start up adverts but screen then goes black and program wil not play. Any advise please

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you been able to use ITV-X in the past, or has this always been an issue since the app was launched? And are you viewing on a 4K/UHD TV?

Which TV tier are you on? Specifically, are you on Maxit or something else? The behaviour can differ slightly depending - if you're not sure, check your bill/contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No I do not have 4K/UHD and I'm on Maxit package. To be honest ITVX has not been good for me from start. Also begining to get pixilation on the standard programs. Wondering if my V6 box is begining to play up?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation on live TV is a good sign of signal issues, unless they're resolved a restart of the box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Impossible to watch any live TV channels most of last night owing to pixellation. Looks as I'm not the only one so obviously a VM problem....

Impossible to watch any live TV channels most of last night owing to the pixellation issue. It looks as I'm not the only one so obviously a VM problem? But seems strange when doing a service status check via VM's link it says there is no TV issues in my area. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check for known local issues using the automated 0800 5610061 status line.

still getting intermittent pixellation on live TV. Also with no email facility all day getting a bit much virgin!!!!

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ibbotson thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with ITVX and for any inconvenience this may be causing.  As it has been a month since you raised this thread, please can you confirm how things have been going since?  I only ask for the reason previously stated and there have been others who had 'teething problems' who have now advised their issue appears to be resolved.

Regards

Lee_R