cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ItvX and bbc iplayer buffering issues.

funkyphil
On our wavelength

Having real problems with catch up players buffering for 5 mins at a time then playing for a few mins then buffering etc etc via the v6 box. Players run fine in other rooms just the main v6 box in the front room (furthest away from the router) Speeds in general are poor in the front room but runs youtube,netflix etc fine via apps in the tv. 

I recently got the hub 5 and had issues connecting 2 pods (1 doesnt reach that far) its definately a wifi issue as the 2 other boxes run the players fine. Wifi constantly drops then comes back etc etc.

Any help before i get on the phone to VM would be great!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the sounds of it, poor wireless where this V6 is located, is the likely cause - but it won't just affect ITV & BBC apps, but all internet based functions on the V6. What your TV does is "interesting", but irrelevant as it's the V6 we're troubleshooting. Do you have issues with OnDemand programmes from broadcasters that don't use their own apps? (in other words, not ITV or BBC)? Or any other streaming services?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the wireless signal strength in the top-right. What is it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

funkyphil
On our wavelength

Tested it again this morning and it says 100% wifi connection. I`ve moved the nearest pod to the wifi a room closer to the other pod and thats seems to of sorted it! Still getting drops in actual speeds even on wired connections. Huge variations from 430mb Download to on one occasion yesterday 30mb! 

Is it normal that i get different speeds on different devices? ie this morning the pc says 320mb but the Xbox series X via its own test says 880mb! (also wired)

Hi @funkyphil 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having buffering issues, as well as speed issues, switch your service. We are glad to see that the wifi pod has sorted this issue. In regards to the service speeds, the following link can best explain this https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/speeds also are you testing your speeds here virg.in/speedtest

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs