Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with TV and Broadband Since Jan 2019

Since January of 2019 I've had continued issues with both my broadband and TV. Calls to help desk have gone nowhere and I just end up giving up and not watching those channels, however in the last few months I've started to lose SKY Movie channels that I'm paying extra for. 

Ive reset the boxes umpteen times and also the broad band. Test the system Via website and download the app. All say everything is working fine! Ive had an engineer out who's only response was I need to rewire the hole houses cables !! (strange as they all worked before January) He went to the cabinet and said he cant bust it any more, So added some sort of isolation filter which made it worse so I removed it.

I have notice more people in my area have Virgin and have check the system Diagnostics 

Sky Cinema Action (HD)  Signal strength 72%  / SNR 28dB / RS Uncorrected 135634519 

Yet again Im on the chat and been waiting over 1hr to hear anything........ 

To top it off I received a letter telling me my bills going up for this great service!!!

Any advice or should i just get shot of the lot Sky have already agreed a better deal but the internet is slower.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with TV and Broadband Since Jan 2019

What have your house cables got to do with your V6?

Are you connecting it to the HUB over power lines?

Hows your broadband?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The isolator is fitted to help protect equipment against power surges so must be left in place.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edw80,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the service issues you're having. 

Regarding the engineer visit, did they state whether it was your Virgin cables that need re-wiring?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos