Menu
Bentley580
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Issue with second V6 box

Hi I have a second V6 box, while I was having some renovations done it was put away. I have now connected it back up and it’s telling me I have no channels available and to call 150. 

done that then run checks which all came back on their end ok, one the phone for a while then Finally directed to a link, which is broken so still no further along. 

I have reset the box and updated it, still no joy. Any help would be great full. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with second V6 box

Hi Bentley580,

Usually if  abox hasn't been used for around a month or more it is de-activated.

You need to phone to get your box re-activated. 0800 953 9500. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

If they can't help then try speaking  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the re-activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bentley580
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I will try that. 

0 Kudos
Bentley580
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dave, 

I want to thank you for your help, very much appreciated! 

however, I still have the issue. In total I have been on hold for over 1 hour 20 to try and sort this then just as I think someone is answering the line goes dead. 

I do understand that under COVID things are different however, I only moved to Virgin as COVID lockdown start and I have multiple problems none of which have been resolved easy. Not happy at all. Seems to take days if not weeks to sort problems out, if you ever get to talk with someone. 

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately you will need to call in to get it activated.  Hang on for a minute or so if the line appears to go dead - had that happen to me and someone answered just as I was about to hang up!!!

Best to call early on - I callled in at 9am last week and the call was answered in less than 5 mins!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey@Bentley580,

Are you still having issues with your second v6 box?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Bentley580
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Steven, 

all sorted now, thank you. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that @Bentley580.

Please let us know if you have any further issues and we'll be happy to help.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos