Menu
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Issue with Dolby digital surround sound on certain Sky hd channels on V6

When I record certain shows in HD On sky channels the sound mutes through a denon home cinema  amp when fast forwarding through the adverts.Hawaii Five 0 the box is telling the amp to play in Dolby Digital Surround as opposed to Dolby Digital 5.1 it's normal signal. It can then change to Dolby Digital plus surround in the main programme then back to Dolby Digital surround in the adverts. I rang denon support and they said it is down to live broadcasting and if I linked the box via a digital optical lead as apposed to hdmi it might fix it but I would lose any Dolby Atmos 7.1 sound eg on BT ultimate. Can anyone help it driving me nuts having to change the sound to Dolby Digital Surround to stop the sound going off. I have 2.0 hdmi leads and was considering changing to a 2.1 hdmi cable as someone has said in a av forum it could be the hdmi lead

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with Dolby digital surround sound on certain Sky hd channels on V6

If you have a 5.1 or 7.1 amp then the V6 box audio settings should be set to 'Dolby Digital' and not 'Dolby Digital to PCM'.

In you example for Hawaii50 - the programme should report as 5.1 audio but should correctly change to 2.0 during the commercial break.

That is the behavior I see here.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with Dolby digital surround sound on certain Sky hd channels on V6

Solved... Contacted Richer Sounds about the amplifier. They advised me to reset the amp to factory settings. Then to turn off the HDMI setting to off. I did this and ever since no sound issues on recordings

0 Kudos