Menu
Grhankmarvin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is there any way to clear a 7400 error without contacting virgin

All local tests say everything fine. Plugged in replacement box which went smoothly but V6 in another room starts showing error 7400. Rebooted and no one at virgin. All tests say no errors but clearly there is. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there any way to clear a 7400 error without contacting virgin

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 gives basic advice - if this fails, then 0800 9539500 is the activations number, I recommend having your box serial number etc, to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Grhankmarvin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Other v6 box in other room is apparently not responding to virgin signals so engineering query raised and now a further 48 hour delay. Funny how it was working absolutely perfectly just before v6 replacement (for not working box) was reconnected in another room. Box had to be installed self service due to covid issues delaying house call visits. Surely the system can differentiate between boxes and use better activation code control? I have all serial numbers details etc. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It wouldn't be the first time that the wrong box has been deactivated when additional boxes are connected.

When this happens, a good check of the serial numbers should be sufficient.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Grhankmarvin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes after another at call virgin kindly went through a full check of serial numbers and resolved the issue although it took a while. I had suggested this on first call.  But Why they could not do it the first time fault reported was not explained. 

0 Kudos