cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the tennis on Sky Sports jerky for anyone else?

BagelMoriarty
Joining in

I am trying to watch tennis on channel 576. Is it really jerky for anyone else? It is unwatchable. 

28 REPLIES 28

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@skaydon wrote:

Yeah terrible quality on most of the extra channels covering the tennis. Every few seconds, the screen glitches and totally ruins the flow of the matches. Anyone know if there is any likelihood of a fix? 

Hi  @skaydon 

It's Sky that's at fault and their community forums are full of complaints, but no hint as to when the issues will be resolved   There's 3 threads  for starters thread 1  thread 2  thread 3 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd personally take a linear broadcast over OnDemand/online-only every time. Clearly an ongoing issue here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IanS
On our wavelength

Sky is at fault?

So Virgin isn't at fault for charging people for a service that is unwatchable?

I am supposed to have a technician coming out tomorrow. How is he going to fix the problem if it is Sky's fault?

It's been two days, and nobody from Virgin have even bothered to acknowledge the thread. 

I see that the current game on 576 (Paul V Safiullin) that's breaking up and currently on the following channels and is OK, 508, 532, and 535 so that proves there's no problem with the original feed to Sky.

BagelMoriarty
Joining in

It is pixelated on a lot of the tennis channels tonight. It is easier to watch then yesterday's jerkiness but obviously still not great. Can someone at Virgin turn the Sky servers off and then on again? See if that works. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lucy_B 

Just a quick post to let you know (and the rest of the posters on this thread)  that all Sky Sports Tennis channels (HD, UHD, and pop up channels) are now working without any problems on my 360,so hopefully the issues have been rectified  for everyone else.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Al_Pboro
On our wavelength

Mine seem OK too fingers crossed it stays that way. Still disappointed at lack of on demand content. Also seem unable to get any of the individual courts on the Sky sports app on laptop. OK on ipad but not OK on laptop.

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

Yes, very jerky.

" Sky advert has been on for ages telling us the coverage will be second to none, its just not."

Second to none as no one else is showing it 🤣