cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There A Time Limit On The Youtube App?

Mark761
Joining in

I keep getting kicked back to whichever regular channel I was last watching after a certain amount of time and I blame you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Mark761,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with the YouTube App.

Can you confirm for me how your Tivo box is connected to the internet? Can you also confirm if everything else on the internet has issues at the same time? If not then would you please be able to confirm if you have any error messages appear when this happens?

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. There is no time limit. I was watching a live stream on YouTube for 4 hours+ a couple of nights ago. Never got kicked out.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mark761
Joining in

Hmm.  Any ideas why my system might be acting the way it is?  It seems to be a pretty random occurrence,  Sometimes half an hour, sometimes less.

Mark761
Joining in

It just happened again.  I'd just watched a video from the Anyone Can Play Guitar channel and then I started watching a video on the Opium War.  Less than two minutes in to the second video youtube stopped and I was back on the My Shows page.  God, I wish I knew how to phrase this.

Mark761
Joining in

it did it again.  I give up.  Obviously someone at Virgin or TiVo has decided to set a watch time limit on youtube via the TiVo youtube app.  Otherwise, what else could be causing this strange and annoying behaviour?

Hey @Mark761,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with the YouTube App.

Can you confirm for me how your Tivo box is connected to the internet? Can you also confirm if everything else on the internet has issues at the same time? If not then would you please be able to confirm if you have any error messages appear when this happens?

Joe

Mark761
Joining in

My Tivo box is connected to a coaxial cable.   I don't think it's connected to the internet, but I did log into the Youtube app from my laptop.

Hey @Mark761,

The YouTube app will run off the Internet not the Coaxial cable this provides the live TV service, can you confirm for me instead then are you watching the YouTube app from your laptop or from your TV?

Joe

Mark761
Joining in

i was trying to watch it from the TV because my laptop has no sound (obviously that's not your doing).  Can I connect the Tivo box to my Wifi hub?

Hey @Mark761,

Yes you will be able to connect it to the WiFi, you would just need to do so from the settings.

Joe