Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Invisible recordings

Bit of an odd issue that has come up in the past week. One of my series link recordings is showing as having episodes that aren't actually there but can't be deleted. For example it's showing '5' when it only has 3 recordings. It shows this on both 'recordings' and 'recordings+on demand' views.
I can watch and delete the 3, and then I'm left with a '2' folder that is empty and can't be deleted (delete everything in folder finishes but doesn't actually do anything).

The box is turned off every night, so that doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to reset it without losing my recordings that may resolve it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invisible recordings

Hi,

For starters you've mentioned turning your box off every night - do you mean at the mains, or just to standby? If it's at the mains, that's asking for trouble sooner or later as the boxes are intended to be left on 24/7 with power-saving as appropriate.

With your issue, I have seen similar behaviour before, and a few things have helped.. delete all the recordings that you can from the affected folder, and then look right at the bottom of your "My Shows" for the two ghost recordings? - If so you can then delete them manually.

Are the programme caught in some random no-mans-land between "My Shows" and your deleted folder - try deleting them/recovering back & forth to see if this kicks them into touch.

As for resetting the box without losing recordings - yes, there's multiple levels of reset. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Clear or reset TiVo box, and all the levels come with on-screen guidance for what you will and won't lose each time, together with safety keypresses at each stage. Having said that, if you are powering your box off at the mains, then the reboot cycle is the same as the first level of reset.

There is another possibility - are they definitely recordings, or VOD bookmarks that might have expired? Check under the "not currently available" folder at the bottom of "My shows" too. I wouldn't imagine they'd count in the folder in this case, but you never know...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invisible recordings

Thanks,

The box is just going into standby each night so should be fine.
I've had a look through 'my shows' and the folder shows at the bottom but is still 'empty'. It will re-appear here after with the phantom recordings every time it is deleted. It's possible they are caught between this and the deleted folder, but I don't see a quick way to empty this and with it being a series link there a lot of recordings in there, along with many others. I guess if that's the case they would drop off over time?
I don't seem to have a 'not currently available' folder in my shows - I'm assuming if there isn't any then there is no folder?

It looks like a reset has removed the recordings for now, I'm just waiting to see if they re-appear after any new recordings are added.

0 Kudos