Menu
andrewyeomans
Tuning in
Message 1 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

I recorded the speedway last Monday night on btsport 4K and the picture is fine but all the way through the recording the sound breaks up. I recorded the repeat and exactly the same. This week I recorded it and watched it live. The live program had no sound issues but the recording was again unwatchable due to really bad and frequent break up. As a safety measure I recorded it on my other v6 box and but it’s exactly the same so it’s not a hard drive issue. I’ve tried 3 different hdmi cables and another tv but still the same. All the other channels and recordings are ok. Any ideas?

ozsat
Wise owl
Message 2 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

Last night or last week's Monday night?

If you can pinpoint an exact moment I can check here.

Last week: Starrs v Pirates did have lots of audio drop-outs!

@andrewyeomans wrote:

I recorded the speedway last Monday night on btsport 4K and the picture is fine but all the way through the recording the sound breaks up. I recorded the repeat and exactly the same. This week I recorded it and watched it live. The live program had no sound issues but the recording was again unwatchable due to really bad and frequent break up. As a safety measure I recorded it on my other v6 box and but it’s exactly the same so it’s not a hard drive issue. I’ve tried 3 different hdmi cables and another tv but still the same. All the other channels and recordings are ok. Any ideas?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
andrewyeomans
Tuning in
Message 3 of 57
Flag for a moderator

On last nights program 15th July the first big sound break up was just 30 seconds in just after the little kid on the bike. Small break ups after that then next big break is during the review of the week when it shows Monday 8th and results of events until the start of kelvin’s track report. That’s just the first 5 minutes. Never had the problem until last week and I haven’t changed any settings. The recording I made last night at exactly the same time of exactly the same program on same box on btsport 1 HD is fine. 

ozsat
Wise owl
Message 4 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Live Scottish Football has the issue too.

The next live programme is on Friday night (Scottish Football). I've set that to record on TiVo and on a BTtv box.

If it breaks up again it will point to where the issue is.

andrewyeomans
Tuning in
Message 5 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for info. I’ll record it on both my V6 boxes again and post my results after reviewing the recordings.  

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 6 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I've reported this to VM.

It only seems to be on recordings here - live tv is fine.

0 Kudos
andrewyeomans
Tuning in
Message 7 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Spent all evening rewiring the whole of the back of the tv and I’ve turned both boxes off completely for the night hoping that might sort it out but it’s still the same. I know it’s not a big deal but it’s now really bugging me and would love to know what’s causing it. I’ve tried phoning virgin but it’s a near impossible task with the wait time. 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 8 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I can reproduce it on two different V6 boxes on different tvs - one via an a/v amp  -  but it is not 100%.

I hadn't noticed it as although I record the stuff I tend to watch it live and delete the recordings.

I was lucky to get somebody helpful and is progressing the issue.

@andrewyeomans wrote:

Spent all evening rewiring the whole of the back of the tv and I’ve turned both boxes off completely for the night hoping that might sort it out but it’s still the same. I know it’s not a big deal but it’s now really bugging me and would love to know what’s causing it. I’ve tried phoning virgin but it’s a near impossible task with the wait time. 

0 Kudos
jstepney
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

Live Scottish Football has the issue too.

The next live programme is on Friday night (Scottish Football). I've set that to record on TiVo and on a BTtv box.

If it breaks up again it will point to where the issue is.

I've had the drop-outs on recordings of both Betfred matches shown so far. I tried changing the audio output to PCM, but there was still distortion of the sound. I've always had very occasional drop-outs on this channel, especially after fast forwarding the recording - I think my AV receiver takes a moment or two to adjust to the Dolby Atmos audio (which it displays as DolbyDigital+).

This is definitely a new issue, as previous BT Sport 4K UHD recordings on my V6 still play back okay. I have set tonight's match to record, too. Let's hope VM have noted the problem and done something to rectify it.

andrewyeomans
Tuning in
Message 10 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Well I watched the football live and once again the picture and sound were perfect all the way through. I didn’t skip or pause the program and just left it to record uninterrupted and after about an hour watched the recording back and everything was fine at first and I really thought it had been fixed but sound drop outs started for me just 5 minutes in to the recording and continued on and off as is the case for me now throughout the program. Checked both boxes and as previously the drop outs happen to me in exactly the same place of the recordings on both V6 boxes. 

0 Kudos