Menu
marlis08
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent pixelation

I have been suffering with intermittent pixelation on many channels, particularly HD channels for a couple of months now. I have been persevering with it as it didn’t always do it. But lately it has got worse, leaving some of the sport channels unwatchable, I suppose we are noticing it more now as the live sport has slowly been introduced.

What can I do? As I can’t seem to get through to anyone to talk to at Virgin it just directs me to the help pages with the usual “ switch the box off, unplug wires!” Which just seems like fobbing off to me. Considering the amount of money I am paying each month, it is terrible service. I suppose I’ll just have to go back to Sky if I can’t it sorted.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent pixelation

Pixellation and picture breakup, assuming you've rebooted your box once, nearly always means there's a fault with your TV signal somewhere. Until that's resolved, it won't get any better.

Are there any particular channels affected? It may help ID the source of the fault, but won't change the probable end result.

Virgin Faults need to do some remote checks to decide whether you have a faulty box or if an engineer visit is needed. You can either call 150/0345 4541111 or wait (could be a few days) for VM staff to pick this thread up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos