Menu
AlanHW
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent loss of picture

Have intermittent TIVO picture loss on my LG tv (blacks out for 2 to 3 seconds every few minutes) started around 5 months ago and it is only on this TV? Same thing happens if I watch YouTube or Netflix. Have gone through all of the ‘settings’ adjustments highlighted on this forum but no joy. I’ve tried changing MDMI inputs but still happens. Contacted LG (tv still in warranty) and its not the tv?

I have a B&O tv in another room linked to the same TIVO and it doesn’t happen ? 

Have a two TIVO boxes and noticed that one have a red light on continuously ? Coincidence ?

Help please....have spent hours holding on for VM tech assistance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent loss of picture

Your diagnostics so far suggest quite strongly that this is an issue with your TV, so I'd be very interested in LG's basis for saying it's not. The evidence appears to contradict their claim.

Regarding your TiVo having a red-light on, can you explain more - and which red light this is? I'd assume it's one of the ones on the front-left, but you've not said. Can you use the box in question?

Also, I'm a little perplexed by your having 2 TVs apparently "linked to the same TiVo" - are you referring to an HDMI splitter feeding one output to 2 TVs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Seems like the TV is changing resolutions.  Try using HDMI 1 on an LG TV, and make sure its software is up to date.  Go through the display settings and make sure all auto settings are disabled.  Try setting the V6 Video output to Passthrough

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
AlanHW
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply: I contacted LG at the outset and they were helpful except that the TV works perfectly when not using a Digital feed (VM). I have two VM boxes and both work ok but one has a red light on the top right hand side ? Yes I have a HDMI splitter that feeds 2 TV's.

0 Kudos
AlanHW
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you : Did all of that and it helped but after 10 minutes started blacking out again ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@AlanHW wrote:

I have two VM boxes and both work ok but one has a red light on the top right hand side ?

Sounds like you've got 1 x TiVo & 1 x V6? Check here to confirm.

Is the TV that's having problems, connected from the HDMI splitter? If so, the obvious next check is to remove the splitter & connect directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
AlanHW
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

my mistake..... 2 x TV V6 boxes

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok - useful to know, I've moved the thread to the V6 board.

Is the TV that's having problems, connected from the HDMI splitter? If so, the obvious next check is to remove the splitter & connect directly.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanHW,

Can you tell me if the service issues are still problem are still apparent?

If you're able to provide an answer for @japitts that would be helpful

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
AlanHW
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Problem is still there…..

0 Kudos