cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent interference/pixelation on Sky Sci-Fi

Peteg101
Tuning in

I have intermittent pixelation on channel 122 - Sky Sci-Fi. When watching, every few minutes, there is pixelation distortion lasting for a few minutes then stabilising again. 

I don’t believe it’s a cable issue since we only see it on this channel. All others are fine. Re-booting the box & hub have not fixed it, nor has reports to Virgin Media.

Is anyone else suffering such interference?

Is any Virgin Media support person reading this?

Can anyone fix this?

This has been going on for months and is really annoying.

We pay quite enough for this service and expect this kind of basic issue to be resolved.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check any or all of the following channels that may be in your package, see if you get the same issues.

Comedy Central HD, Alibi HD, TCM-HD, 4-Seven HD, BBC News HD, Colors HD, BT Sport 1 HD, TalkTV-HD

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response. What might it mean if they do/don’t exhibit the same issues?

I’m supposing all the channels you mention are part of the same group?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed. D-TV broadcast channels in clusters known as multiplex, and pixellation is how a DTV system exhibits poor signal.

All the channels I've listed share the same mux as Sky SciFi-HD, so if there's a signal fault affecting one of them - it will likely affect them all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

OK, understood.

But, what do I do next - in either case?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Hi Peteg101,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have had with regards to your Tv service. 

I am happy to take a look into the account to see if there is any reported issues. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Peteg101
Tuning in

None of the answers here resolved the issue. Nor did private messages from Virgin Media staff progress the matter, despite commitments to call/message me back.

In the end I called 150 again and, after jumping through the usual hoops for them, a technician is due Monday morning.