Menu
rubjohn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent distortion and pixellation on one of two v6 boxes

Getting almightily fed up with one of our v6 boxes breaking down into an unwatchable morass of pixellation. 

This problem has been going on for several months now, and every time we try to report the problem to VM, we either get fobbed off to look at the website, and run the test that led us to making the call in the first place.

What's exacerbating the situation is that the box is my father's who is suffering with dementia, and it unsettles him massively.

We are seriously thinking of dumping VM TV and just stick to broadband, because we are not getting a £140 a month service.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent distortion and pixellation on one of two v6 boxes

Pixellation & picture breakup, if a reboot hasn't resolved it, is nearly always indicative of a box or cabling fault somewhere, that then causes problems with your incoming TV signal. Until and unless that underlying fault is fixed, the problem very rarely goes away and will potentially get worse over time.

Reporting it to TV Faults on 150 is usually the best way of resolving this, as they can run certain diagnostics while you're on the phone, and then either arrange a box-swap or engineer visit. Anything else is kicking the can down the road.

If you've genuine tried and have failed this, then forum staff work their way through posts on here, but this may take a few more days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

rubjohn
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, we've lost all faith in the telephone and electronic communication help from VM, it just seems like once you've contracted, they lose interest in you.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've flagged this post for attention by VM forum staff for you. Hopefully this might get you moving towards a fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rubjohn,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with one of your V6 boxes,

So I can help further and get this email account permanently deleted will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos