cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Picture and sound breaking up on sky sports

NickBatch
Dialled in

We are experiencing intermittent picture and sound breaking up on sky sports.

Today on channel 515 (Golf) which was also showing in 511 (Main Sport) which was fine.

The other day it occurred on other Sky Sports channels.  Other, none Sky Sports channels, were not affected.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. There's a good chance some non-Sky Sports channels are affected, but you may not have identified them - each SD channel shares a TX with approximately 12 others, but these are intentionally spread across genres.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. There's a good chance some non-Sky Sports channels are affected, but you may not have identified them - each SD channel shares a TX with approximately 12 others, but these are intentionally spread across genres.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

NickBatch
Dialled in

HI,

Thank you for your input.  The box has been rebooted twice, making no difference, also, the online VM Status showing no problems.

I was hoping to avoid the 150 call.

Will try the 0800 number / call VM tomorrow.

Nick

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The online status is better for widespread, regional or national faults. Signal issues tend to be more localised and often down to postcode level.

VM staff often respond on here, but expect a 1-2day response time.

Hi NickBatch,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing intermittent picture and sound on your Sky sports channel.

Can we ask if this is a HD channel or SD? 

Have you noticed this issue on any other channel other than Sky sports?

Can we ask if you able to check all the cables are finger tight and secure and that your HDMI cable secure. 

Upon checking from our end, it is showing your equipment as offline, so we're unable to carry out further diagnostics. 

Do you currently have your STB in standby? If not, can we ask you to reboot your box and let us know when you have done this.

Kind regards Jodi. 

NickBatch
Dialled in

Turned out to be a loose connection on the coax connection at the wall. Unsure how it worked loose.

Don't know why VM thought the kit was offline at it's never off and was, successfully recording today.

VM, please check you are trying to connect to the correct STB.  I only have the Tivo V6 connected now.

Thanks to Japitts and Jodi for responding.  Nick