Menu
RichyP85
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Picture Distortion

I have been experiencing intermittent picture distortion on both of my V6 boxes over the past week.  One is connected by WiFi and the other is Ethernet connected.  I’ve rebooted both boxes multiple time and have spent over an hour on the phone to “technical” today and they could only say to “turn it off and back on again”!

Clearly is not an internet issue as speed tests are showing download speeds in excess of 350mb and upload over 10mb.

any other ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Picture Distortion

When you say "distortion", do you mean pixellation?

Is this happening on live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RichyP85
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s happening with both live tv and recorded

0 Kudos
RichyP85
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

and sorry yes I mean pixelation 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issues on live TV tend to mean you have a problem with the incoming TV signal. If live pictures are affected, the resulting recordings will be too.

If you've rebooted your box once, check for known area faults on 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, then the chances are VM don't know about your fault and you're best reporting it.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 451111 from any other phone - follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". You're likely to either need an engineer visit or replacement box.

OnDemand programmes are carried over the internet and wouldn't be affected by TV signal issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
RichyP85
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks, I spent a long while on the phone to technical team earlier and they only said to carry out a reboot of both boxes and blamed it on me leaving the boxes in standby.

As it’s both boxes effected i would imagine it is an issue with main feed into the house?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@RichyP85 wrote:

Ok thanks, I spent a long while on the phone to technical team earlier and they only said to carry out a reboot of both boxes and blamed it on me leaving the boxes in standby.

That's nonsense. With all box issues, a single reboot is a good idea to eliminate gremlins. If symptoms persist, there is an underlying issue that needs rectifying. In the case of TV signal faults, that needs either an engineer visit or a box replacement. That comment about your boxes being in standby is, to be technical, nonsense.

@RichyP85 wrote:

As it’s both boxes effected i would imagine it is an issue with main feed into the house?

It's a distinct possibility, along with both boxes being faulty. In your case an engineer visit would be (almost certainly) required to prove the source.

If you're able to call back and make sure you get the "correct" outcome from speaking to an agent, that's probably the best way. If this doesn't work, please post back 😉

0 Kudos