cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent GREEN SCREEN after a new tivo box installed

davejay99
On our wavelength

After several months of an intermittent GREEN SCREEN. Which WOULD reset ok. But eventually VM replaced the TiVo 6 box back in late April. And so far it has happened again 3 times, so it doesn't look like the box, (unless I am really unlucky!).

There is no topic on VM help site that covers this. 

I can constantly reboot, which is a bad thing if I am recording, so can't reboot until recordings are finished. Am I being too pedantic and put up with it or call an engineer again? When he arrives it is working well. I do have a video and photo of the green screen picture, but not sure how to attach it here (or to 150) !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A green tinted screen can be an HDMI issue, but the green "DVR has detected an error" message is a failed HDD. I'm not sure which you're reporting?

You can add photos and videos to your post using these options above the compose-message window...

VM_reply.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A green tinted screen can be an HDMI issue, but the green "DVR has detected an error" message is a failed HDD. I'm not sure which you're reporting?

You can add photos and videos to your post using these options above the compose-message window...

VM_reply.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks