Menu
Cazzie82
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installing additional tv point

My father is moving in with us next year.  We both have virgin accounts with V6 boxes. We will effectively cancel his account and want to install his V6 box on a new coax point in our house.

can our electrician run the cabling from our main virgin box or will we need an engineer to do this? We need the cabling installing ASAP while building work going on.  
tried calling virgin but lost the will to live waiting to speak to an actual person 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installing additional tv point

None of these things.

You cannot use your father's old box. It is tied to his account and will deactivated when he closes it. VM will want it back.

You will have to apply to VM for multiroom. And VM will have to visit to install a second coax point in that room for the TV.  They will split your connection to do this. Charges apply for the installation and for the rental of the extra box. There is no DIY installation possible. All VM TV boxes need a live VM coax connection to work which must be electrically balanced for your installation and for the whole network segment you are connected to - neighbours etc. The box also needs a internet connection to your Hub - wired or more likely in your case wifi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos