Menu
RouseHouse
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installed Second v6 box and my main one stopped working

Hi, i upgraded to the ultimate oomph package on the 3rd of December. An engineer came on the 3rd and ran a wire to the room where the extra box will be and gave me an old tivo box until a v6 box is sent to me as they had none. It was all set up and working and we now had two boxes in the house working (one V6 and one tivo). Now my extra v6 box has arrived and i plugged it in and went through the setup and it worked fine and recieved all the channels. The problem is that during the setup of the extra box my main one in my living room now throws an error code 7400. So now the only box working is the one in the other room. I have tried rebooting as the test on the website instructs me to and its still the same. When i went to the run test page for tv it listed my main v6 box which i have had for years and still lists the samsung tivo unit which i unplugged and swapped earlier. Can someone help as i have phoned virgin many times only to be cut off after an hour.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installed Second v6 box and my main one stopped working

Hi RouseHouse,

I'm sorry to say that it sounds like VM have deactivated your main V6 box instead of the old tivo box.

You either need to speak to TV Faults (option 2) or  New accounts and set up (option 3) by calling 150 from a VM landline or  0345 454 1111,from any other line,  but best to call at 8am when lines first open, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

RouseHouse
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the answer! I will try again tomorrow morning. Is there a way i can request a remote on here as my v6 box that came today did not come with one and im using an old tivo one that the engineer left to use my 2nd v6. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again RouseHouse,

You should be able to order a replacement remote using this link  lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/ 

There's also a link on that page to download the TV Control app which you can use as a remote until you receive a proper one.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

RouseHouse
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you that has worked. That has saved me more time on the phone tomorrow!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again RouseHouse,

Thanks for the update, glad you managed to order the new remote.

Fingers crossed VM activate the right box for you today.

Dave

0 Kudos