Menu
adaml666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Image flickering, apps and channels not loading and glitchy sounds

Hi All,

Having some issues with one of my V6 boxes, its fairly new at less than 6 months old and I have been experiencing a number of issues, the image will regularly flicker between bright and dim whilst in apps, this will be any app I use.

They will also sometimes just flicker pure white on alternating halfs of the screen with very glitchy sounding beeps occuring as though the data being passed to the TV is corrupt

More often than not apps or channels will refuse to load on the first selection and pressing the home button will take me back to the home scren but it will take some time reloading apps and channels will generally work a second time but it can take a number of attempts on occasion.

I've tried restarting the box, resetting it, ensured the cable between the box and TV is in good working order, and ensured the TV is not at fault .

If anyone else has any ideas id be very appreciative

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Image flickering, apps and channels not loading and glitchy sounds

Hi there @adaml666

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with one of your V6 boxes at the moment. I have located your account to take a look and I can see that one off them appears to be switched off - the other looks to be on and working. 

Is the box that is faulty currently switched off? If so, please can you switch it in when you can so we can go through some checks with it remotely and see what is causing your issue? If it is on and we're still not able to communicate with it, we can either book you a technician visit to come and take a look or we can arrange for a replacement to be posted if you are happy with making the change yourself

Pop back when you can with any news or updates and we'll go from there

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
adaml666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Katie,

The box thats on is the one thats having issues, (the other ones off as we're redecirating that particular room).

If you have any suggestions I'm more than willing to try them, as for the box being replaced I'm more than happy to do this myself if it comes down to it, but getting the old one back might take some time.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi adaml666,

Why not swap the boxes over for now until you receive a replacement?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos