Menu
mattmccabe1984
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

If I cancel my Virgin TV contract will I still be able to get Freeview with my V6 box?

If I cancel my Virgin TV contract will I still be able to get Freeview with my V6 box? The price for my "Player" bundle is going up from £29 to £49 and I'm keenly aware that fibre with another company would be a lot cheaper. But this is the only set top box (if that's the right terminology) I have...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: If I cancel my Virgin TV contract will I still be able to get Freeview with my V6 box?

We get this time and time and time again. The answer is no. VM will ask for the return of the V6 box or they will charge you for it. It isn't yours anyway - you rent it from VM as part of the deal. And no because VM doesn't offer "Freeview". That is a terrestrial broadcast service that is free to air.  VM is a closed cable TV service that offers a range of channels as part of the subscription. Some are the same as what you can find on Freeview, but the two systems are not o-terminous.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos