cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV channels audio output

JohnSnr
Tuning in

I have asked  this question and had a couple of replies but no solution.

Original Post

I have recently purchased a Sonos sound bar and I have noticed that when viewing any ITV channels (itv1 HD, itv2 HD,itv3 HD etc) the audio output is Stereo PCM, all other channels are either Dolby Digital 2.0 or 5.1. With the audio output only being Stereo PCM the volume level is much lower so I have to virtually double the volume to achieve the same loudness output and it is very poor quality.

If I change to viewing ITV channels through my outdoor ariel the output is Dolby Digital 2.0 which is not only louder the audio quality is far far better.

I was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue and found a solution

My sound bar is connect from my TV using HDMI Arc and my V6 audio output is set to Dolby Digital.

Does anyone know why ITV only transmitting Stereo PCM or do I have a fault?

11 REPLIES 11

Hi, thanks for your input but just to reiterate non of my ITV channels are too loud they are to quiet compared to other channels approx half the volume of BBC,  channel 4 & 5 and virtually all other main channels and also the audio quality is very poor. 

Thank you for the clarification on this issue @JohnSnr 

As mentioned prior, we have flagged this issue to the relevant team for future improvements. They will get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs