cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPlayer needs verifying everytime

Disprin555
Joining in

When using the IPlayer app i have to go on the internet and sign in with a pass code every time.  It has only recently started doing this and its quite annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

ALF28
Super solver

IPLAYER

I had that issue some time ago and it was annoying, I did a post on it at the time.

It was caused by having 2 login's one to  bbc iplayer, one is a  nowbox, the other on the v6 box.

The only way I could solve this, my solution was to create two bbc accounts with different emails, it all the has worked  since and brings up my details to click on, remembering my login.

Not sure if there is  a method to have more than one device attached to an BBC account?

I have not had the issue with other players such as itv hub,  channel4, my5 etc, but have had create accounts for them all.

This came about when virgin removed some of the replay facilities or charged for them on catchup making it necessary to use the free iplayer for replay.

Check if you have a bbc account log in, if not create a log in

Creating & Using Your Account - Using the BBC

BBC – Sign in

alf28

Disprin555
Joining in
The issue hasn't been resolved. Just record all the bbc programmes we want to watch now rather than using the IPlayer.