Menu
khanson952
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer and others apps on 360 not working

I have just had a 360 box installed to replace a V6 box. This is a second box as we also have a TiVo box in another room connected to the hub. 

Via the apps the iplayer and itv hub app don’t seem to work. You select them and after a few seconds of the spinning wheel it just returns you to the screen with all the apps on. 

Netflix seems to works ok. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPlayer and others apps on 360 not working

You shouldn't have a 360 and a Tivo box because the software is different so they are not supposed to work together although someone said they did. You can identify which ones you have on this link, the 360 + V6 look the same it's the software thats different. 360 runs Horizon, V6 and the Tivo box use Tivo software would you believe.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote

Are your problems with the 360 or Tivo.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As per @roy247 - something about this doesn't add up.

You can't mix TiVo-based boxes (TiVo & V6) with Horizon/360-based boxes - so which do you have? If you've had an additional box installed and you already have a TiVo, I'd wager you have a V6.

You can check the different boxes here 

If you can confirm which boxes you have, then advice on connectivity & troubleshooting can follow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
khanson952
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

New box is definitely a 360 as it has the new remote. Other box connected to the hub is definitely V6 box. 

It is the new 360 box that I am having problems with. 

I wasn’t here when the engineer came to install today so I don’t know whether he was aware we had another box. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We're going to need to nail exactly what kit you have, otherwise this query is going to go very wrong very quickly.

V6 & 360-master boxes are the same hardware, but completely different software. Hence common parlance being what it is. A 360mini is half-the-height due to not having a hard drive.

TiVo boxes only need to connect to your homehub to stream between each other, but they can only do this between other TiVo/V6 boxes - NOT 360s.

In my previous post I included a link to photos of the different boxes, incase that helps ID what you have. Have you requested a migration/conversion of your V6 boxes into 360s?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Are both boxes running the same software this should be easy to check if you press TV guide or the home button, if you have 360 Horizon software if you press Home, Settings, Info, you will What's  new in version 4.3x?

0 Kudos
khanson952
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I checked the photos previously. Is there any difference between the look of a TiVo bald and a 360?

i have looked in the settings of both and the system info says TiVo on both and they both say the sa,e software version. 

If the new box is a TiVo why have I got the new remote that looks like one that goes with a 360?

no request for migration / conversion. 

The engineer was called out due to a pixelated picture problems through the old V6 box. He decided to give us this new box. 

Sorry cant be anymore help. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If the engineer swapped out a V6 do you still have the old remote because that will work with your replacement box if it's a V6.

What version software was it.

0 Kudos
khanson952
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes the old remote from the V6 works with the new box. 
Version 20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-11-C68

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@khanson952 wrote:

I checked the photos previously. Is there any difference between the look of a TiVo bald and a 360?

i have looked in the settings of both and the system info says TiVo on both and they both say the sa,e software version. 

As explained, a V6 & 360 use the same hardware, but are different software. If your box has the TiVo logo, it's running TiVo software - so is either a TiVo or a V6. From having taken a look at the photos, which boxes are you using? You keep referring to TiVo, but do you mean a TiVo box or a V6 box (that runs TiVo software)

@khanson952 wrote:

If the new box is a TiVo why have I got the new remote that looks like one that goes with a 360?

The engineer was called out due to a pixelated picture problems through the old V6 box. He decided to give us this new box. 

Ok, you've answered above that you still have the V6 remotes and they work. Please confirm the question in my comments above (perhaps post photos of your boxes if it would be easier), but I think I'm starting to understand what might have happened here. And that's halfway towards being able to advise.

0 Kudos