cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve lost all sound from my TiVo box

Any1else
On our wavelength

TV has been working fine and turned it on tonight to find the the TiVo box sound isn’t working. Live tv and recordings have no sound. Tried re powering the box and swapping over hdmi cables but still nothing. Tried all the suggested fixes and checked all the settings but we can’t get sound. Tv sound is fine cos Netflix still works. Called Virgin and they said they would send me a text with a link in it but that never came. Short of calling Virgin again, is there a way of resolving this so we can watch tv?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the V6 section of this forum, but referred to a TiVo - which do you have? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Do you get sound with OnDemand programmes? That would help dictate whether this is potentially an issue with the box's audio output, or whether the issue lies elsewhere.

I'm quoting this from memory and not from being in front of my V6, but try toggling the stereo/PCM setting under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Audio - to see whether this makes any difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Any1else
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks for replying.

Sorry, after checking your link, it is a V6 box that I have.

There is no sound for any source through the box and that includes On Demand.

Toggling the stereo/PCM doesnt make any difference.

Any1else
On our wavelength

Left the box without sound last night and when I tested it this morning the sound was back. Will monitor this and see if it repeats before contacting VM again. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Any1else,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with the sound on your TV box!

If this issue repeats, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to investigate further.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs