Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I set WImbledon Tennis series links on BBC 1 & BBC2 but the V6 box added all the red button channels

I set WImbledon Tennis series links on BBC 1 & BBC2 but the V6 box added all the red button channels. Is there a way to stop the V6 doing this as half of the red button recordings did not work and caused the box to lock up slightly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I set WImbledon Tennis series links on BBC 1 & BBC2 but the V6 box added all the red button chann

go into the page where the recordings are listed Mu Sjhowa-Wimbledon. then scroll down to modify series link. then scroll down to channel and set this to BBC1 only. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I set WImbledon Tennis series links on BBC 1 & BBC2 but the V6 box added all the red button chann

I set a series link on this and it records 6 of the channels including BBC1, BBC2 and BBC Red Button HD.

If you want BBC1 only then you have to select BBC1 only.

If you only want the HD stuff then a Wishlist may be a better option.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've found that if i set a BBC2 HD series link, when I check it is the only channel selected.

If i then set a separate BBC1 HD series link, when I check it has all the channels selected and if I change it to BBC1 HD, then the series link I previously set for BBC2 HD disappears.

This all sounds very strange.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That is unfortunately how it works, you are unable to have a series link for the same program on more than one channel, other than by using the "All channels" option, which as you're seeing can record extra stuff. As someone mentioned, might be that selecting the "Get only in HD" option will help, depending on whether the red button channels are flagged as HD or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, even if the same content is not shown at the same time on the two channels

0 Kudos