Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I need a replacement TiVo box

For the last t days, my TiVo box keeps rebooting. I cannot record and playback. Old records cannot be played back. I did a complete reset, lost all my old records and it still hasn’t fixed the issue.

I need a replace box, but cannot connect with anyone at Virgin, the service quality is horrific.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a replacement TiVo box

Hi Edward_chance,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your TIVO box.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I tried that. 

i ll try to contact them to replace the box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edward_chance, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry you're having these problems - never good to hear. I have been unable to locate your account through your forums details. Can you confirm if you have yet spoken to someone regarding this? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Thank you for the note. No I haven’t been able to speak with anyone. I had a moment of hope yesterday that was dashed when on chat I was transferred and guess what no one picked up the chat.

consequently  I’ve elected to cancel my payments until someone actually picks this issue up. Yesterday I had NO service at all for an hour or so nothing. No tv, no broadband nothing.

customer service is non existent 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edward_chance, 

Due to the delay in replying I'm going to pop you a personal message so we can grab some details and get this sorted for you. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos