Menu
Ldavies88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have an older box that freezes and doesnt work properly

Hello i have had the same old style box since 2015 which is no longer fit for purpose. It freezes, glitches and is slow, also crashes from time to time. I am a full house paying customer, can I be upgraded to a newer type V6 box please or i will have to move elsewhere unfortunately

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have an older box that freezes and doesnt work properly

Hi Ldavies88,

The Full House package has been discontinued, so you are probably out of contract and paying full price.

I suggest you contact VM and  speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) and negotiate a new contract, asking for  a free box update as part o0f the new contract.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade(or cancellations)  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111,  but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have a faulty TiVo box, then you need to report that to VM via the usual route, and they'll replace the box as appropriate. If you have VM broadband (which is a requirement for a V6), then you have a couple of options for a box-swap..

1: Ask the faults agent nicely, if they diagnose your box faulty, whether you can swap to a V6. They may say yes, they may say no - but ask nicely.

2: If the outcome is an engineer visit, again ask nicely. Yes or no who knows.

3: If you've had your package more than a year, then look at current bundles which might be more cost-effective. Speak to VM Retentions, and discuss your options for moving to a newer package, in exchange for a box-swap and new 18month contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ldavies88
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am hearing impaired and would struggle to communicate via telephone.

Your response is very patronising with the repeated "ask nicely", I am not a child and I have been with VM for nearly 6 years and the one time I have made an enquiry the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd recommend you use the text message service in that case.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibilityandextrasupport - send a text message to 07533 051809, and you'll get an automated response initially before being put into a queue for an agent to respond which can take a day or so.

My previous post was intended to get across that VM will replace faulty kit like-for-like, i.e. in your case a TiVo for a TiVo. Sometimes faults agents & engineers have some discretion here, and may swap to alternative equipment if you were to "make a request". But if you're following the faults route, then their "obligation" is like-for-like.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos