cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 very specific issues and can’t get through to a person

jillh63
Joining in

Issue 1 is my box has an intermittent fault which requires it to be rebooted every couple of days. When I renewed my contract recently (via a live chat) they said I needed to report it separately to get a new box. I have tried and tried to get past the options both on the phone and online but I can’t . Very frustrating and it makes me wish I hadn’t renewed.

issue 2 Despite having renewed online and having no issues I now can’t even view my bills . When I log in with the same details I used to renew it says m account is a secondary one. It can’t be. There is only me on the account . 

Any help to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated. TIA 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: What is "my box" that you're referring to, and what is the intermittent fault you have? You've posted in the TV-V6 section of the forum, so the logical assumption this is a V6 TV box. But @Tudor has responded regarding a broadband hub, which I know is their specific area of expertise. Can you clarify, to enable accurate advice?

2: To save confusion between the two issues, I would suggest starting a separate post in the account management section of the forum - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"my box has an intermittent fault which requires it to be rebooted every couple of days" don’t assume it’s the broadband hub that is the problem, it’s very often a circuit or street box problem. Please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides diagnosis of any underlying issues and also provide some stats. 

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: What is "my box" that you're referring to, and what is the intermittent fault you have? You've posted in the TV-V6 section of the forum, so the logical assumption this is a V6 TV box. But @Tudor has responded regarding a broadband hub, which I know is their specific area of expertise. Can you clarify, to enable accurate advice?

2: To save confusion between the two issues, I would suggest starting a separate post in the account management section of the forum - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for taking the time to reply on such a detailed way however I was referring to the box not the hub hence putting it in this section. The issue has now been resolved. I have a new box. Thanks again