cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get ITVX working on my V6 box

andymw
Tuning in

Anyone else having problems with ITVX on their V6 boxes ... when I try and watch A Sky Among Friends episode one it just hangs

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to view other programmes?

That would test whether this is a programme-specific problem (in which case ITV would need to resolve) or if your app in general is not working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PhilTip
Joining in

It won’t stream anything for me. Start a stream, itvx animation runs, an error message flashes up and disappears then a black screen with a spinning wheel. 

Thankfully, the app on my tv works fine. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like an app-specific issue.

You can try restarting your V6 via Help & Settings > Clear or restart > (Top option) - if that fails to clear, it might be worth querying with ITV.

Do you have a 4K/UHD TV by any chance?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jaigee
On our wavelength

Same here.

All other streaming and on demand works fine but ITV-X loads very slowly and then freezes, I had no problems with the old ITV Hub.

Restarting the V6 makes no difference and signal strength etc. is excellent.

Hi jaigee, 

Thanks for taking the time to post here about the issues you are having with playing content on the ITVX app. 

As this is the only app being affected, it's unlikely to be an issue with your box itself. 

• Are you watching on a 4K/UHD TV?
  • Have you tried another HDMI port? 

Looking at other threads from users having this issue, there may be a HDCP2.2 compliance issue. Something suggested by another member was to try dropping the video output to 1080 in your V6 video settings to see if this resolves things. 

Pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs