Menu
Lolpop
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to view list of videos in playlists on YouTube

Hello, I wondered if there is a way to view the whole list of videos within created playlists on YouTube channels? Selecting the playlist just seems to play the first video with no option to view and select a specific video. I’ve tried most buttons on the remote, and searched the forum but not found a solution. Many thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to view list of videos in playlists on YouTube

Hi if you have created a list of subjects, go to the left hand side sub menu scroll to the top and click on the magnifying 🔎 button your searches will then show. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Lolpop
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,
Thank you for your suggestion. 
It’s not quite the issue I’m having I’m afraid - which seems hard to describe.

If I go to someone else’s YouTube channel then select their “created playlists”, I’d like to be able to pick a specific video from the eg 55 videos contained in their playlist. At the moment if I select the playlist it just starts from the first one with no way to view and choose. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
foggy69
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has there been any update on this.

I am able to pick a video from a channels created playlist on a PC, but still not on the Tivo.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @foggy69

Welcome back to our Community; all apps work slightly different depending on the device being used on and the YouTube app is no exception. It will have some restrictions due to the platform it is on. This is out of our control - we are sorry

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
foggy69
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I can't see any particular reason or restriction that would mean that this functionality is missing.

If it is out of your control, who provides the software and can we request them to look at providing it.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would be down to the app developer @foggy69 - we just add what they provide to our services for customers to use. 

You'll see that many of the apps like iPlayer or All4 look and work differently depending on what device you are using it on. Netflix has different settings via our boxes to that if you are watching via a Laptop and different again if you are watching via a tablet. 

If the apps update, then this is rolled out to boxes as and when. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos