cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return an old Tivo V6

Lsm58
Joining in

I cancelled my TV service about a year ago and at the time the person I spoke to on the phone said I didn't need to return my V6 box and could recycle it (which seemed a bit odd to me as it wasn't that old)

I kept in a cupboard just in case I got a request to return it and forgot about it. Discovered it yesterday when having a clear-out and wonder if it should have been returned (never had any contact from VM to do so).

What should I do with it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lsm58 

I'm surprised you haven't either received emails asking for the boxes return, or been charged for non - return. The V6 boxes should be returned as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

A member of the VM Forum Team should pick this up and check for you in a few days.

There is a link on the page I posted in this message whch takes you to another page where you can request returns packaing, along with other links which detail your nearest Collect + store where you can drop the package off. If you did take this option to return the box then enclose a covering letter detailing your account number and box serial number. Keep the returns receipt for tracking purposes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lsm58 

I'm surprised you haven't either received emails asking for the boxes return, or been charged for non - return. The V6 boxes should be returned as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

A member of the VM Forum Team should pick this up and check for you in a few days.

There is a link on the page I posted in this message whch takes you to another page where you can request returns packaing, along with other links which detail your nearest Collect + store where you can drop the package off. If you did take this option to return the box then enclose a covering letter detailing your account number and box serial number. Keep the returns receipt for tracking purposes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Lsm58,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

We would normally request for the TV box back especially when it is a V6, if we did require it back you would've had an email around 10-15 days after you had disconnected this box fully, if you don't have anything and have not had any charges or anything since applied to your account, we wouldn't usually need it back, if you did however want to send it back you can follow the advice given by @newapollo and use the steps on our website.

Cheers. Joe

Lsm58
Joining in

Thanks to you both for the info.

I'll take a look at the link👍