Menu
Keezown44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How to request new V6 box

I've had an old tivo box for just over 4 years when I moved with it, but couldn't have a V6 on our main tv in the frontroom at the time because it wasn't HD ready. (We have 2 x V6 boxes in the bedrooms) Now, the tivo box is playing up, we've decided to buy a new HD ready TV arriving Saturday.

How can I order a new V6 box with the self-install quickstart - and get it free (after 15 years as a virgin media customer)?

Been trying to get through on 150 for 55 minutes and can't hang on any longer. Links on the website don't work for existing customers either!

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to request new V6 box

You wont get it for free as an upgrade - those days are long gone. It will be £135 + £7.50/mo - standard upgrade price.

However, call in again -- 08.00 sharp is the best time. People are still reporting getting through ok. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you have the best chance of getting through to the only still open (UK) call centre. They are the people who can help you. What they will do (and did for another poster I helped yesterday) is offer to move you onto a new package that includes the V6's as standard and can waive the charges.

Just be clear what the overall cost of the new package is and that you are happy with any cost changes. If not just say no thanks and try again another day with a different agent and different available deals.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Keezown44
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hold on John,

Are you telling me that they won't replace the box free of charge? I said in my post that it's faulty - why on earth wouldn't they upgrade a faulty tivo box to a V6 one if I say that? I've already been overcharged for years and got the price down by changing my package, so I doubt they'll be willing to do that a second time in 6 months!

That's disgraceful - spent a flippin' fortune with them over the years - including virgin mobiles x 3 packages.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if its fault they replace like for like. the tivo is still a supported box
0 Kudos
Keezown44
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just as a head's up - having spoken to Virgin this morning - they were planning to phase out the Tivo box, but due to the pandemic, haven't been able to. They suggested I wait until about September a month before my contract ends, and they'll replace the Tivo box free with a V6 box.

In the meantime, we're just swapping out one of the V6 boxes from the bedroom, down to our new TV in the living room. We do actually already have the maximum 3 x V6 boxes in 3 bedrooms, plus the main Tivo box, so we're up to our max, they won't supply any more, regardless if I pay for one.

So we are lucky in that we have use a V6 prior to them phasing out the Tivo box. So there is light at the end of the tunnel for all those who are going to be charged for a new V6 box - just sit tight and wait for the phase out of the Tivo and you'll automatically get a new FREE V6 box  🙂

Just thought that info might be helpful to all those having a similar problem. 

Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo isn't being phased out, pandemic or not, as those customers without VM broadband cannot use a V6.

0 Kudos
Keezown44
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry - really not sure what you're saying? Don't think I mentioned those without VM broadband, I was referring to those people who've tried to get a V6 but are going to be charged! They're already existing customers like myself????

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think the allusion is that as VM are not phasing out the Tivo (as Cueball has said), and so it will still be available, given VM's track record in this area, it is unlikely that a V6 will be given as a free replacement for a Tivo (faulty or not) for anyone in the foreseeable future. What will probably happen - and is already - is that VM will replace them in lieu of the customer renegotiating themselves onto a new contract where V6's are the "standard issue".

We shall see what comes to pass later in the year.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.