Menu
PiersMaffett
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to get help with V6 TV box

Hi, my V6 TV box refuses to start - it is stuck in a loop between 'Starting up...', the 'Welcome, Welkom, Bienvenu...' screen, and standby mode. It just alternates continually between these 3 states until I finally turn it off. Internet is ok, I have tried unplugging and re-plugging everything, I have tried a reset using '+' and standby buttons while switching off and on. No result.I have no idea what to do.

I might be missing something obvious, but I also have no idea how to speak to someone, or ask for help. How are you supposed to ask for help from an engineer or technician? Is this the way to do it, through the community forum?

Any help would be appreciated. With thanks, Piers

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get help with V6 TV box

Hi you could try phoning 0345 454 1111 and go down the TV faults route, or can wait on here, it maybe 3 or4 days for a virgin person to respond.Regards Micky
PiersMaffett
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice Mick. The phone number sends me round in circles without reaching the point of resolution or being able to book an engineer. Temptingly talks of booking an engineer, but doesn't ever get to the point of enabling any form of request! Quite frustrating. I'll have to hang around for someone to come back to me on here I guess.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi i know its frustrating but if you now phone again the system will recognise you have called before so hopefully you will get to talk to a person, you must play the game, as many have explained on here virgin will not supply an engineer without going through trouble shooting as they are in great demand as you and thousands of others have found out.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
PiersMaffett
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky, thanks for your response again and for the explanation. It makes sense that people are required to thoroughly explore the self-help options before requiring resource commitment. As you rightly said, when I tried the phone route again, it was recognised that I had already called and obviously hadn't sorted the problem out; sure enough, I spoke to a human! He was very helpful and within 24 hours we had an engineer on site replacing the box, and also giving useful advice about wireless. Great service, I willingly admit. So, good reviews posted, and we are happy again. Thanks also to you for the hand-holding! Cheers, Piers

0 Kudos