cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get an engineer

Minky2018
Tuning in

I have been without a TV signal for two weeks. I have been onto the virtual help desk and a Virgin rep reset my tv box remotely. Still didn't fix it. I have checked all of the cables, rebooted, and done everything requested but nothing. I am on hold for 50 minutes to be transferred - for the 3rd time of contacting.

How on earth do I request an engineer to visit before I cancel?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by not having a TV signal?

Describe the symptoms you have and any error codes/messages - and we may be able to advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The message on my TV screen stated 'Weak or No signal' and that I should check my connections. All of which I did and still no service. In the end, I got through via Whatsapp and after an hour of being asked for information which I had already provided several times, I BEGGED for them to just arrange to send an engineer out.

This visit was scheduled for 3 days later and when he arrived he identified that following a neighborhood power cut, my TIVO box and the router, and the TV were no longer 'talking to one another'. He confirmed that this could not have been resolved remotely and needed him to have attended.

So the long and the short of it is, thank you for trying to assist but it has now been resolved, after two weeks. Although I was impressed with the engineer,  I am not at all impressed with the Customer service from Virgin. It is almost impossible to contact anyone. The app which I was sent a link to download does not work and you can't actually speak to anyone. How are you supposed to feel 'valued' as a customer of over 15 years?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This doesn't necessarily sound like a VM fault.

If a TiVo/V6 has a signal-related error, it has an error code related to it and you've not mentioned that. I think your TV is reporting one of two things

1: A signal issue with the in-built Freeview terrestrial tech.

2: A video input fault from the TiVo/V6. Eliminating the HDMI port & lead is the next step.

The router only gets involved if this a V6 with internet connectivity issues - live TV doesn't use the internet, OnDemand & streaming does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not in Telford by any chance in the Donnington region? Just the powercut mentioned was similar for me 

No, Sorry - it was in Kenilworth Good luck!

No need to apologise 🙂