Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to get a replacement remote for a V6 box

Hi

Some of the buttons on my V6 remote control have stopped working.

How do I get a replacement?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a replacement remote for a V6 box

Hi cj1739,

Silly question but have you tried new batteries?

Log into My Virgin Media at the top of the page and click on Check for faults in your area, then when the page opens scroll down to the three tabs, broadand, TV and phone. Click on the TV tab, then my remote isn't working and follow the prompts.

You should be able to order a replacement remote from there, also since you have a V6 box you can download the TV Control app from the same page and use that until you receive the replacement remote.

If that doesn't work i'm afraid you have to will have to go via the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

Tried to order a replacement on-line and got this:

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try a different browser? 😐

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but it's nothing to do with the browser. Simply that the Virgin Media website page isn't working! Just tried it again, same result. Very poor service from Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anyone able to help? This is what I get when I go through the website to "order a new remote". Been like this for days now.Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos