Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to get a new remote for my V6 box

I’ve been trying to get a new remote for my V6 box but having zero luck with the help I’m getting through texts! I don’t want to download a remote app for my phone as other members of my family can’t use it if I’m not there!! Frustrated!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a new remote for my V6 box

Hi Dave1Roberts,

sorry to hear of your issues.

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 - you will have to go through a series of tests and probably get nowhere, however if you leave it 10 minutes and then call back up and go through the same option your call will be answered by an agent.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

I see you are aware of the TV control app which is a stop gap, however if other family members have mobiles they too could download the app and use it when you are not there until you receive a replacement?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Dave1Roberts,

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get a new remote ordered, has this changed since you last posted? If not I can arrange for a new remote to be sent out to you via private message, so that we can clear account security and get the new remote ordered. 

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steven L, all sorted, new remote arrived today. 

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos