Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to get Virgin TV working when calls to Customer support achieve nothing over two weeks

Pretty much at wits end now with the appalling customer service of Virgin Media, so please bear with me as this post is a little long, but just need someone to provide a way forward.

My old Tivo box was replaced a few weeks ago due to it being deemed faulty and received a new V6 box. Connected it up and could get a few channels but the rest were either blank with W02 errors or heavily pixelated. Went through the usual W02 reset the box / check cabling and connections without success.

Placed first call to Customer Services who confirmed there was a fault and arranged for an engineer to attend the following Monday. Engineer confirmed all my cabling was good and found an issue out on the street with the signal levels and escalated this to the networks team which I was told would be looked at on the Tuesday.

Chased on the Wednesday as the issue was still apparent. Got through after 45 minutes and was then put on hold while they discussed it with the team and the call went dead after another 30 minutes waiting.

Called again the following day and was told the issue was registration of my V6 box as a code was wrong (whatever that meant). Advised this is not the case as the engineer has already identified cable issues out on the street. They ploughed ahead with 'resetting' my box and and said the issue would be resolved but could take up to 24 hours. 

Obviously, 24 hours later, issue still apparent. Tried ringing on Wednesday this week and got an automated message advised engineers were working on a cabling fault in our area and we would lose connectivity for a short time while it was repaired. great I though, so dropped the call expecting this to resolve it. There was not any drop in connectivity, so were they actually working on it, and the issue was still not fixed.

Called Customer Services to day as still no change and find out what is going on and after an hour getting through, they discussed it internally and said they were transferring me to Manchester Networks number who deal with the issue. s soon as I was transferred, the automated answer from the Manchester Networks was 'this has changed, please redial 150' and then promptly dropped the call.

After 6 hours of calls over two weeks, I stil no TV and no communication from Virgin Media as to date for resolution. Has anyone got any suggestions for trying to get this resolved and a way forward that does not involve wasting my time calling 150 and achieve nothing? 

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get Virgin TV working when calls to Customer support achieve nothing over two weeks

Sounds like you have a combination of issues here, and some of them are clearly network-related which "we" have no way of directly investigating.

Ordinarily I would simply advise you to call TV Faults and chase this through, or to wait on here (currently upto a week) for VM staff to respond.

In this instance, neither seem fair and I'm flagging this post to VM forum staff for a proper dig around (Sorry team!) . I can't promise this will get it sorted, and bear in mind it's Friday afternoon - and forum staffing on weekends is skeleton - but at least you shouldn't have to wait as long as you would otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get Virgin TV working when calls to Customer support achieve nothing over two weeks

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully I can get this sorted in the coming week.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @wazzerman,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV and for the service that you've had from us in trying to get this resolved.

Having been able to locate your account, I can see that you have a low input level across most of the tuners of your connection, that can only be resolved by a technician visit to your home.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Thank you for assisting. I hope this engineer doesn't find the same as the one who visited last Monday; that my cabling is totally fine inside the house and outside to the boundary of my property and stated the issue is out on the street and subject to the networks team working on the issue which is where the communication to me and to the customer service term ground to a stop. 

Thanks again for your help.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They shouldn't do as its definitely a problem with your input level that may not have been an issue when the engineer visits and this needs to be addressed by the engineer.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos