Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to contact Technical support

Hi, My V6 box won't display program information or record, although I can see live TV. It has error codes C133 and N27. I've phoned, followed all the instructions, phoned back, been told call centres are closed and follow directions online. Done that, still not resolved and at the end it says "looks like you need help", and gives me the phone number I started on - so how do I now contact someone to get further support?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to contact Technical support

All those codes relate to a loss of internet connectivity, which fits with your symptoms of no TV guide also.

The box connects to the internet via your Home-hub, ideally by Ethernet cable but potentially by WiFi. How is yours connected?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is shown in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

OK, so the V6 box is connected to the Home Hub by Ethernet cable,  which I have checked. 

Interestingly, my Smart TV, which also connects via ethernet has also had problems with its network connection recently, which I resolved by switching it to WiFi . Ironically, WiFi devices are functioning fine. So I'm guessing there's an issue with the ethernet ports on my Hub, rather than the V6 box. So how do I start to resolve the router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As a temporary workaround you can unplug the Ethernet cable from your V6, and then within the network connection screen (home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network) connect your box to the router by WiFi.

In terms of your router, on the basis that you're using the VM-supplied hub as both modem & router, I'd recommend posting in the dedicated broadband section of the board here 

There's a wealth of experience with all things broadband over there, whereas my only suggestion from a TV angle would be to call 150 and follow the options for "I have a fault with my broadband service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos