Menu
ron_m
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How much per month does it cost for a second V6 box?

Can someone please tell me the additional monthly cost for a second V6 box? I ask as I am having appalling download speeds and called 150 on Saturday. I was told my line was ok and I was offered an upgrade to 200mbps plus Maxit for £2 less than my current package. I agreed to this and hoped my downloads speed would improve, it didn't, but my upload double to around 18mbps! I rang again on Sunday, but again was told my line was ok and as I also wanted a second V6 box I was put through to 'sales'. I tried to order a second  V76 box and was told it was £7.50/month, but was cut off after I was given today for an engineer to visit and install. Checking this morning there was no engineer booked! I suppose they needed some extra approval of some kind over the phone. Today, my speed has still not improved after the Technician implemented some updates, so I again went to 'sales'. Over a bad line it seemed that the price was now £10/month - wasn't sure if that included a delivery cost. I have now checked my upgrade statement and it has now increased by £10 to £82 per month? Is this correct - I can't find anything in print on the site. Is everything negotiable. Correct information would be much appreciated as my patience is being severely tested. Thanks, Ron.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How much per month does it cost for a second V6 box?

Are you testing your download speed over a wired Ethernet connection, or WiFi? It needs to be the former, due to the extra variables that WiFi introduces.

I don't think there's any documented price for multi-room boxes, but £7.50/month sounds about right.

Do you have a working co-ax connection point in the location you want the second box? It's that, that could dictate whether you need a manned install or if a Quick Start self-install will suffice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ron_m
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the very quick reply. I use WiFi around the two bed bungalow, my PC is 2.4mhz and the iPads are 5mhz. I asked for a second box about a month ago, but was told there were no new installations being carried out due to covid! We have just had a new conservatory completed and therefore I had to lay in my own coax (yes from eBay) hoping it would be ok - but now realise it will not be accepted. The walls of the conservatory have now been plastered and the cable routes is very difficult. The void behind the plaster board wall is about 1/2". I put in place 2metre 4xHDMI and 1xcat5e cables for the TV. The cables were all on one side of the TV and I have had to drag them out (can't get the cat5e out yet), so I am going to have to cut into the newly plastered wall to put in 3metre replacement cables. So I might as well hack into the the cable route of my coax to add VMs cable! My wife is distraught at the thought of this, so the overall speed loss is driving me to have second thoughts about everything that I have just ordered and my speed isue is still unresolved afte speaking to VM three times? Cheers Ron.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Remember Virgin supply a broadband connection, which your router then converts into WiFi & Ethernet connections.

I'd recommend posting your WiFi issues in the WiFi forum here , but as a headline VM can only guarantee the speed to your Hub and any directly connected Ethernet devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ron_m
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will try the WiFi pages. Cheers Ron.

0 Kudos