Menu
TheUnconsoled
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do I get upgrade so that I can access Amazon Prime Video?

I want to make use of my Prime Video subscription to view Prime via my Virgin channels on 205 but currently all I see on that channel (below) is this message and an URL that, when I tried it, took me nowhere... Anyone out there working for Virgin who can advise me how I might get the needful upgrade? I was under the impression I had the latest VM box but I seem to be mistaken... Cheers!

20210213_174620.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I get upgrade so that I can access Amazon Prime Video?

All of VM's TV boxes are shown here - I'm going to guess you've got a TiVo. Many of the streaming apps are only available on the newer V6 box.

If so... 1: have you had your current package more than a year, or are otherwise out of contract? 2: Do you have VM broadband?

If the answer to both of these is "yes", then you're very wise to consider a renegotiation of your TV package. In return for a move to the closest currently-available bundle deal and a new 18month contract, you should ask for a swap from your TiVo to a V6 as part of the deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks