Menu
AmjidK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a TV box sent to me??

When I came across to Virgin, I only needed Broadband and phone but the chap I spoke to on the phone said it was easier taking the package with all 3 as the discount was greater. He suppressed the TV box being sent out at the time. 

Fast-forward over 12 months and I want to start using the TV services and leave Sky so I’ve spoken to 4 different people in customer services (on the phone to the 5th now) to ask them if they can send me a box and each time I get told yes we’ll do that but nothing happens. At one stage I got a text from Yodel to say I was going to get a delivery but this didn’t turn up and a call to customer services basically said just wait. 

I reached out to social media team who said to post here but was so annoyed I left it a few weeks. How can one company make it so hard to access the services you’re paying for? Appreciate things are tough with COVID but I’ve now spent about 2-3 hours across 5 phone calls and still no joy. 

Posting on here as a last resort. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
AmjidK
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a TV box sent to me??

fuming after my 5th call. After trying to book for an engineer visit (as that’s ‘only way it can be done’), was told that’s not possible because of the pandemic. After raising a complaint ‘170421632’ spoke to a very unhelpful and aggressive manager who said nothing can be done whilst pandemic restrictions are in place and said it’s my fault for not taking the box at the start of the contract even though the chap I spoke to said this could be done later. 

I’ve  never experienced such poor treatment and tempted to cancel all my services with Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you SHOULD have taken TV at the time as it sounds like it was pre-COVID.

Your decision to ask for your TV now, some considerable time later, does, of course, have to comply with any current COVID restrictions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AmjidK
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was told but the customer service representative at the time that I could get a box sent to me after without any problems. 

last time I checked, the postal and delivery system is still functioning during COVID so this has nothing to do with it. I can set up the box on my own. The issue is the Virgin media system shows I have a box so they can’t issue me with one. 

A case of falling back on  ‘computer says no’ rather than genuinely trying to fix an issue for a customer. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but even assuming you have a co-ax connection to plug the box into, you are likely to need some signal changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you get a box sent out (self-install) this will come with a splitter & two pre assembled 3 METRE lengths of coax to connect it.

If you do not want your TV box sited next to your existing Virgin hub, you must therefore opt for a manned install.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi AmjidK,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the situation, as you have been correctly advised due to Covid we are unable to attend properties for unessential work. 

I've sent you a private message in regards to your complaint so I can get a few more details from you  (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos