cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense tv remote problem power on/off

gt2343
Just joined

Hi

Have a virgin v6 box and recently bought a hisense tv. Have managed to setup the remote (via code searching) to work for volume etc and power - but have a problem with the power on/off. The long power button press on the v6 remote will turn on/off the tv - but when it turns back on it always defaults to an vidaa screensaver app or something and not hdmi1, so you have to get the tv remote and change the source each time.

If I use the tv remote to turn off then turning on correctly goes back to hdmi source by default.

If you disable the tv network then on starting up theres a prompt to connect network settings - if cancel that then it does correctly go to hdmi1 source (but you need to use the tv remote to cancel the network setup). It seems the power on/off via the v6 remote does something different to power on/off by the tv remote

Anyone else had this problem / found a solution? I just want to be able to use the v6 remote only and not have to use the tv remote at all.

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gt2343,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the remote. 

Have you checked this out this thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/HISENSE-TV-REMOTE-CODES/td-p/3538152

To see if it helps?

^Martin