Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help function not going to help

I've set up my new Tivo V6 box about an hour ago. I want to set up the remote to control the TV sound.

Going to  - Home > Help & Settings > Help - just gets me back to the - Home > Help & Settings - screen, not to Help itself.

Will this resolve itself in due course or is there a problem that needs some action?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help function not going to help

Hello

Have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Programming-your-TiVo-remote-control/td-p/3166540 explains it all.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrflavell,

Is this the link that only brings up a video on the right hand side and a picture of the remote instead of explaining how to set it up? virgin-tv-using-tv-remote 

I've checked and the links work on this page setting up remote 

You can also go to Home > Help and Settings > Help > then at the top of the screen Program Your  Remote.  Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

There's also an online PDF with a list of  TV Remote Codes 

You can also download the tv-control-app  to use as a standby remote.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I've got it set up now, entering a specific code from the list.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrflavell,

Thanks for the update. Good to see it's all set up now.

Take care and stay safe.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This must be one of those functions that takes a while to come through on a new set up. Home > Help & Settings > Help is now going to the help system as expected.

0 Kudos