Menu
coughandcath
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Help desk calls

What’s the longest people have been on hold waiting for a response !!! Nearly an hour so far !! On Demand stalling anyone got any ideas ... Sky was never this bad ! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help desk calls

Have you checked for any “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.01 gives the best chance of getting through quickly - I got through last Wednesday afternoon after 20' - its pot luck though

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a day or two

Also - how have you got the V6 connected to the Hub - wifi or ethernet cable.  If wifi can you connect it temporarily at least with an ethernet cable and see if that eliminates the issue.  If it does then it suggests that the wifi signal at the location needs" improving".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
coughandcath
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is my on demand not working ... can find the programme , it appears to load and then stops/ stalls  at the end of the virgin sequence ( looks like a blood clot ) .. have tried many programmes all the same 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah....ha. Are you watching on a 4K TV by any chance? And does the VOD program play the lead-in adverts then drop back to the previous menu?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coughandcath
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is a 4K tv but stalls after the adverts or gives the following message 

F54D3842-2C5D-4673-A70F-CE2D5E7E36D2.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As I suspected - online help here should assist too.

A recent software update to the V6 now enforces the use of HDCP 2.2 copy protection for all On Demand content shown in 2160p (4K). If any part of your setup, most likely your TV's HDMI port, doesn't support HDCP 2.2, this is the expected behaviour.

You can try connecting your HDMI cable to another of your TV's ports which does support HDCP 2.2, or go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output, and enable 1080p/1080i instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coughandcath
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks your help , seems to work but shame it means that my 4K TV is already rubbish ! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Would be "unusual if a new 4K TV doesn't have at least one HDCP 2.2 port.

But not unique if its a "cheaper" model.

https://suesselectronics.com/blog/hdcp-2-2/

What make model is it? What does its spec sheets say?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos